Moduflex Mid & Wide Web In-line Flexo:
Changing market conditions have driven the demand for a greater return on investment to printing flexible packaging, folding cartons, paper products, cut and stack, shrink sleeve labels, lidding materials, multi-wall paper bags and pre-printed corrugated paperboard.
With tighter margins, higher print quality demands, shorter run lengths and faster turnarounds, quick change presses are now a critical for profitability.
After 44 years of experience and successful testing in ainstallation, KYMC introduced the Moduflex at Drupa 2012 to the Drupa press. The Moduflex is a gearless tri-servo, electronic line-shaft press via (Rexroth/Indramat) that provides fast register set up and tighter register tolerances.
- 600mm (23.62") or 870mm (34.25") widths
- 350M/min, 1200 FPM mechanical speeds
- UV, hot air drying or combination drying
- Short run folding cartons roll to roll or rotary die cutting with sheeter/stack finishing.
- Shrink sleeve or cut & stack label markets
- Print repeat range of 300mm (11.8") to 800mm (31.5").
- Multiple SKU's can be run easily for greater volume with in-line or off line slitting.
- 1070 mm (42") to 2000mm (78.75") widths
- 350M/min, 1200 FPM mechanical speeds
- Repeat from 380mm (15"), 400mm (15.75") min. up to 1300mm (51") max.
The Moduflex is a dual sleeve design for both the plate and anilox for fast job changes. The AC servo direct drive on both the anilox and plate sleeve mandrels means infinitely variable repeats with no gear changes, gear marks or gear pitch problems. The result is a real advantage for printing various thickness materials.
The quick change plate and anilox sleeves can be done in under 2 minutes per deck.
- Modular design for in-line Gravure, Offset and Rotary Screen.
- Holograph (authenticity & security), Rotary, Flat Bed Die cutting with stackers or sheet cutters in-line.
- Zero backlash of deck position control for im pression setting. Printing
and anilox mandrel movement is achieved through high precision
circulating ball type feeding screws, activated by four motors for each
- Servo Deck motors directly mounted to ball screws for greater precision.
- Supported printing and anilox air mandrels move on high precision linear
guides pre-loaded without backlash, to avoid any lock-down needs.
Anti-impact safety device is employed.
- Automatic register and optional automatic running register controls
through either Eltromat or BST reduces set up waste and maintains close
running register tolerances.
- Water base hot air dryers in either flexo or vertical gravure type
depending on the drying requirements
- UV flexo or a combination drying depending on ink needs and FDA
- KYMC Quick-Wash system for efficient cleaning of doctor blade
chambers, anilox rolls and ink hoses for water base inks. The system
uses less cleaning solutions than any other system on the market.
- Various unwinds & rewinds can be configured on requirements.
- Electron Beam option for printing or coatings operations.
Deck positioning is precise to 1 micron through direct coupling servo motors, with simultaneous sleeve changes of the print and anilox rollers including an automatic push out feature for quick change overs helpful for short runs. Motor cross bars are eliminated by the individual deck motors, AC servo, that directly connect to the ball screws via couplings.
Fully Servo and Direct Drive CI
Moduflex uses dual servo motors from Rexroth/Indramat, for extreme precision on both the plate and anilox sleeve mandrels to guarantee the best print register tolerance during running.
Full servo drives on each print stations and are controlled through industrial network system, providing extreme accurate control on print registration and impression control.
Zero backlash of deck position control for impression setting. Printing and anilox mandrel movement is achieved through high precision circulating ball type feeding screws, activated by four motors for each station.
Deck motors, AC servo, are directly connected to the ball screws by couplings. Supports of both printing and anilox air mandrels move on high precision linear guides. The liner guide is pre-loaded without any backlash, to avoid any lock-down needs. Anti-impact safety device is employed.
The Moduflex can be outfitted with automatic pre-register and setting system by Eltromat using the webvideo Star 2000 Modul fast flexo Profibus-interface for reduced waste.
For more information on Eltromat Register system click here.
Auto Impression Setting
The Moduflex can be outfitted with both an automatic pre-register and auto impression setting system by integrating the Eltromat star 2000 system for reduced waste. The auto set technology automates the ink deck setting for plate and anilox rollers simultaneously, saving hundreds of feet of waste during press start up.
The final print position can be saved for repeat production. The drives will be activated for "Home searching" automatically after the saved print position is recalled.